Saturday, May 25, 2019

Simala Parish Church and Shrine , Cebu Island : Miraculous Shrine of Simala in Sibonga

Have you ever prayed your heart’s desires? 

Vlad and his dad running for shelter as the rrain came pouring down.







This castle-like church named The Monastery  of the Holy Eucharist, popularly known as  Simala Shrine or Simala Church, is  located in Marian Hills of upper Lindogon, Simala, Sibonga, Cebu.



Twas built in 1998 by the Marian Monks from Pampanga, after the occurrence of several miraculous events, including that of shedding of tears of Mother Mary. 






Simala Shrine then became so popular that devotees and believers flock the shrine, hoping that their prayers requests be granted. Others come here for thanksgiving: passing of the boards, pregnancy after years of waiting, and healing of illness whichbare of poor prognosis. Aside from that, the shrine's picturesque structures make it even more popular, drawing local and foreign tourists, alike.



There were plenty of these proofs of blessings and miracles inside the castle.


Anyway, to get to Simala, one can take a  3-hour bus ride from on ordinary buses from Liloan Port in Cebu South or a 2-hour bus ride from Cebu City.  Since we had 30-L bacpacks, we left them at a store near the market for just Php40.00.  We then hired a habal- habal for Php 50.00 for a 10-minute ride  to Simala Church.  We were dropped off right at the entrance of the place as it was raining then.



People will offer umbrellas because rain or shine, you will be needed that inside. We brought our own so we skipped the part where I will be parting ways with my Php50.00. 




I also was reminded by our habal- habal driver to go and get changed while still at the market public toilet because of course, we aren’t there for a fashion show or a gym class.




I was dressed to pray in this. 




I was supposed to write my petitions before  joining the line heading for the statue of the Blessed Virgin. However, I remembered getting here when I was still troubled with staying in the Philippines or working abroad so I pledged for Misa Pasalamat instead. 


We then proceeded to the store inside to buy candles and an image of the Holy Family which we will put at home. 



We then lit our candles to pray. 








I did not take photos while queueing barefoot towards the Blessed Virgin. I had issues with an unruly toddler who doesn’t want to walk silently and to stay silent. He kept  on singing and I just concentrated on what it was that came out of his mouth. Maybe it was the Blessed Virgin who whispered on his ear so he sings. 















Looking back , my questions about how to run my life were answered, most of which are yesses. Others were replied but not the kind which I have in mind. Our God really has a better plan, far more enjoyable than the ones I have envisioned for myself. 

It never occurred to me to ask for a husband. I had plenty of failed relationships that had me raising the white flag for relationships and marriage. I even vowed to just travel , create a vlog and travel once more. I just wanted to work in Australia as a nurse, build up funds and a business for retirement , travel and those in need, and to provide for my family. 

But things always don’t work out the way you want it.  Three years ago, I was with this man here in Simala , whom I married by the way. We weren’t even super friends when I took the 3 photos below. Just the ordinary acquaintance. Haha. Now , we even have a kid who already knows how to say AMEN when we pray. Thanks be to God. Malipayon kaayo ko ana! 

Simala Shrine - Marian Hills, Lindogon, Simala, Sibonga, Cebu











3 comments:

  1. Did you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness to you deep inside his chest?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, please and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him work harder than ever before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    Matter of fact, triggering this influential impulse is absolutely binding to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You will soon find him expose his heart and mind to you in such a way he's never experienced before and he'll identify you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! karbalaziyarat packages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nestled amidst the lush hills of Sibonga, this breathtaking sanctuary is more than just a religious site; it's a destination where miracles are said to happen. The intricately designed architecture, adorned with colorful mosaic tiles and grandiose staircases, exudes a sense of divine beauty and tranquility. Every corner of Simala Church whispers ancient tales of answered prayers and unwavering faith. Visiting this sacred place may not only uplift your spirits but also gift you with a sense of wonder and awe that transcends the ordinary. Join the countless pilgrims who have been touched by the magic of Simala Church, and let yourself be captivated by the mystique and charm of this spiritual haven. #FaithMeetsFairytale.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have queries?

What To Pack in a Hospital Bag for Pregnant Women Who is about to Deliver

Are you spending hours deciding what to pack in your hospital bag for your upcoming delivery? Fret not. While we don’t want to leave out any...